Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Good Bye Zoo Pass


Last year we got the kids a zoo pass and it expired today, so since Scott had to go up to the law school and the zoo is only 5 min from the law school the kids and I dropped Scott off for a few hours and went to the Zoo one last time before our membership expired. We actually made very good use of it this last year. I can even remember how many time we went to the zoo, but I really enjoyed having it. We used it 3 time in April alone.
Anyway since it was our last time for a while I let the kids ride the train. They were so excited, I guess they just can't get enough when it comes to trains. We actually spent most of our time at the children's discovery part of the zoo, going in the burrow, marsh, desert cannons and the play ground. As you can tell from the pictures it was a little bit cold and rainy. I alway love going to the zoo on cooler kinda rainy days. There are fewer crowds, the animals seem to be a lot more active and I guess it just takes me back to my childhood going to the Alaska Zoo.
Emma loved being a turtle, while playing at the playground. Even after we left the play ground area Emma kept saying "The turtle want to go home." Finally I realized she was telling me that she was the turtle and she wanted to go back to the play ground. Silly girl. So we went back over to the playground and Emma pretended to be a turtle and Alan feed her wood chips. It was pretty funny. Sadly we never did make it over to see Alan's tiger. Alan insists that when he is 4 he will be big enough to have a pet and he will have a tiger, who will live in the back yard so he won't eat Emma's pet. I can tell he has really thought this out.

Emma's Favorite Things at the Zoo:
- Riding the Train
- The Sucker Fish
- Being a Turtle

Alan's Favorite Things at the Zoo:
-Riding the Train
-His Tiger
-"BYU" cougar
- Saying hi to his buddy the Anaconda (as Emma says "OH he is big")

Logan's Favorite Things at the Zoo:
-When his Mommy holds him
-Riding the train on Mommy's lap
-His Mommy

1 comment:

Wilson's said...

It has been fun looking at your myspace page, but I love your blog! I laughed when you commented on how the cold and rain reminded you of the Alaska Zoo. It is true, I just took 17 Kindergartners there last week. And it was cold, but they loved it. We really do need a new elephant and tiger tough. Hogle Zoo is a great, it has tons to see and do! ~ Christy