Sunday, June 21, 2009

Father's Day

Happy Father's Day to all you wonderful fathers out there!!!
Since it is Father's Day, I wanted to take a quick moment to talk about the favorite father in my life... SCOTT! He is such an amazing father and I am sure that it is in part thanks to all of the excellent examples of father's in his life.
I am always impressed but his kindness, love, and patience with the kids, and the way I can tell he lets them know that they are important to him. I wanted to record, mostly for the kids, a few of the special things he does to show them that he cares. He tries very hard to be home to have dinner with them every night. Every night after prayer and scripture Scott reads the kids stories (usually from my classic Raggedy Ann and Andy book) and then makes up stories for them before tucking them in and winding up Emma's snow globe. Often before he leaves he promises to play a game with the kids when he gets home, and then he keeps that promise.
I love watching him with the kids, especially when they are playing games. They all have so much fun.
Thanks for being such a great dad.This pictures was taken just minutes after Scott became a dad.

2 comments:

Beth said...

I love that photo, taken just moments after we became grandparents! Scott reminds me a lot of his dad with our little ones.
Love always,
Mom Hilton

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

Sorry I jinxed you guys. Funny that Logi just figured out the crib thing too. Luckily for Tanner he hasn't fallen at all. Oh and Scott you are a great Dad. Kinda of a crummy brother, but a great Dad!! ;) j/k