Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Happy Birthday Alan Boy!!!

Alan,
I am so grateful to get to celebrate this birthday with you. While driving home after taking you to school today I was completely over come by the memory of driving home on an October afternoon, having just left you in the PICU at Primary Children's. It was the first time I had been away from you since your accident and the damage to your liver still had to be closely monitored. I can still vividly remember the pain and fear I felt not knowing if I was going to see you have another birthday or grow up to be a daddy and a doctor or whatever you decide to be.
You are such an amazing little man. During these past four years since you have entered my life you never cease to surprise me with all you have learned and how you always seem to remember everything. Thank You for being a wonderful son, brother, and friend.
I am looking forward to our next year together and many many more after that!
Happy Birthday!!!
I LOVE YOU!!

3 comments:

Beth said...

I'm SO thankful our sweet, wonderful, incredible Alan-boy is still with us to celebrate this birthday! It's been a fun, great day. So glad to share it with you.
Love always,
Mom/Grandma Hilton

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, Landon, & Braddock said...

Sad we missed the Batman Party! Hope you had a great day bud. We sure love you!

Becky Lewis said...

Mom, don't neglect you being in a few of Alan's pictures too. He will want to see himself with the Mom he loves also. I know you are the one that takes the shots, so remember the one behind the camera has to come out in front.
XOXO