Friday, April 17, 2009

Growing Before My Very Eyes

Oh man I can't believe my sweet baby girl is 5 now. Emma and I went to Kindergarten orientation at her soon to be new school today. I didn't realize until she was walking away from me up to the front of the room with her fellow classmates how emotional this was all going to be for me. Emma had no fear. She was excited as she left the seat next to me joined her classmates. And then she didn't even look back as she walked out of the room to go explore her future world of desks and chalkboards. I on the other hand was left sitting there watching my baby leave me into the unknown. Over and over again I had to hold back the tears as I thought about my sweet princess. Between her birthday and orientation I have been reflecting a lot on my little girl.

Emma was born Easter morning at 8:02 am. She was a very healthy 9lbs 2oz.

My life changed so much that day. As Emma has grown I have grown. I have learned so much from her and I am sure she will continue to teach me. Emma is the most loving person I have ever met and it is her love that has helped me to be a better mother and person.

Over the past 5 years we have had many firsts together and I am sure we will have many more. I love you my Sweet Sweet Princess Emma Girl!

1 comment:

Beth said...

I completely relate to your feelings, having the same feelings when Scott started kindergarten! Emma truly is a loving little girl and we're so blessed to have her in our lives.
Love always,
Mom Hilton