Wednesday, April 22, 2009

What the heck Marley and Me???

So Scott decided to sign us up for a 2 week free trial of netflix and it has been really fun. Yesterday we watched Marley and Me. Other than the fact that it looked like a cute funny movie about a dog that came out at Christmas time I knew very little about it. I kinda wish some one had warned me about how emotionally draining it is. I think it is a really great movie and I definitely was not disappointed, but along with laughing it also made me cry.. a lot. Ok so for any one who haven't seen it here is the warning and if you don't want to hear it, don't read the rest of this. So they get pregnant the first time and go into the doctor and the second they started the ultra sound my stomach sank because I know how it feels when the look in the face of the person doing the ultra sound doesn't look how it should and how it feels to loose the baby you wanted. Then it hit a little close to home when their children were young and he was working so hard and she was so tired. Then it broke my heart when Marley died. And for those of you who don't know Marley and Me is based on the Grogan's actual lives.

3 comments:

The Wacky Wilkins said...

I'm sorry that you watched that movie!! Just knowing that the dog dies . . . which is how it works, I know, but I can't bring myself to watch it! Did you go to class yesterday? They did yoga if you didn't :)

And the cake it totally a go and a half (in Natalie, that means YES, please save me by making my daughter an amazing princess cake that she can eat and love and feel special with). I'll get you the barbie and you work your little magic :)

Becky Lewis said...

that was why I didn't want to see it!

Beth said...

That sounds a little too sad for me!
Love always,
Mom Hilton