Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Our Awesome Vacation - Day 5

Day 5 was our final day.  That morning we once again got up, loaded up the van and headed out as early as possible.  Then we headed off for the San Diego Zoo.

We were planning on heading home after the zoo, so to make our zoo visit go a little faster and more relaxing we took the bus tour.  It was a double decker bus and we got to sit up on the top.  (It was very exciting)

The tour was great and we got to see a ton of animals.

The Polar Bears were super fun.  One of them was eating carrots (which the kids thought was very funny) and the other one was in  the water playing with a ball.  He kept throwing it at the glass over and over again.

After the tour we said goodbye to these wonderful people and decided to check out the zoo a little more before starting our very long drive home.
We decided to check out the reptile house and the Children's Discovery Zoo.  You should have seen Logan.  He was so excited he couldn't help but dance and skip around.  We also let each of the kids have a turn with the camera.  Emma chose to take pictures of the porcupine and Logan got a great shot of some mice.  Kids are silly.

Scott took the kids into the petting zoo and I took pictures from a safe distance.

OH and I didn't get a picture of it, but while we were walking around looking at animals, some zoo keepers walked past with a leopard on a leash.  It was pretty cool.  They warned us that it was not safe to get to close to it, but it was very cool.

Then after stopping off at the gift shop and a grocery stop we started the drive home, which seemed to go on forever.  I think it was because we had a couple of long breaks on the way and driving at night through the desert is crazy.  You just drive on and on and nothing ever changes.  It is just you and the darkness and the lines on the road mile after mile.

When we got home we were totally exhausted.

As soon as he was awake, Grandma and Grandpa brought Bryce home.  We had all missed him so much and I was especially glad to see my sweet baby again.  Bryce on the other hand seem glad to know we were back, but also seemed a little mad at all of us, especially me, for ditching him.  In the following days I also realized the extent to which Bryce had been spoiled at Grandma's house.   He now expected that if he was sitting in the family room playing, someone would be sitting there playing with him at all times, and if he was in his high chair eating, someone would be sitting next to him just watching him eat.  I humored him for a few days, but then slowly he got used to the idea of me being able to do the dishes and stuff while he was eating or going in the play room to play with out me and he forgot all about our betrayal of not taking him with us to Disneyland.  Next time we will let him come too.

And possibly I should have just sat by him while he ate.


Beth said...

Looks like a perfect end to a perfect vacation - and we had fun, too, tending Brycey!
Love always,
Mom Hilton

Dean, Andrea, Tanner, and Landon said...

Thanks for letting us re-live your vacation in picture form! I bet it's not one he kids will forget any time soon!