Saturday, September 20, 2008

A love of learning

Emma has recently started to show us a love of learning. She will point out numbers, letters, and colors when she sees them and she had gotten much better at writing her name. I am so proud for the big girl she is becoming. She is always so excited to go to school and I love laying down next to her at bed time and talking about her day and what she learned, and remembering all the fun things we did that day. I am always surprised at how much we did. I love that we have that time together. I hope that as the years pass I will always be able to to talk with her and report at the end of the day.

Alan has recently had a harder time taking naps so some days while Emma is at school we have a little Mommy and Alan one on one time. I love this time together. He loves to read to me and sit with me on the computer. He is learning how to type his name. He does well, but he holds the keys down to long so it looks more like AAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAANNNNNNNN, but not bad for a 2 year old. He also had a surprise for Daddy the other day when he came down the stairs and said "A-L-A-N spells Alan. We worked on spelling Alan boy, but he kept spelling boy D-O-Y. He also read his first words on Wednesday. He was "reading" me I'll Teach My Dog a lot of Words and when he got to one page he read "I'll teach him RED and BLUE and GREEN" while actually pointing to "RED and Blue and Green" as he read the words. Thanks Kathleen :)

Logan has recently really taken off talking. He says words like "Mom", "Dada"," Emma", "this" and "I want" often. There are a few other words that I can understand that aren't really words, but it is nice for me because I can understand them and know when he wants a nap or bottle or down. He will also randomly repeat a word he hears once. The other day while Alan was saying family prayer I swear I heard Logan say "Heavenly Father" and then "Jesus" during the sacrament last Sunday. One of my favorite things was when Scott asked Logan how his day was during dinner the other day, Logan took off talking gibberish for minutes. It was like he understood the question and was doing his best to tell Daddy.

I love my wonderful kids. I am so grateful for them. They make everyday so full. They amaze me with how much they are learning and growing, but really they teach me so much more than I teach them. I feel so blessed that I spend my days doing the best job in the world and that I get to watch my beautiful children grow.

Scott has recently ... I'm kidding. I am sure Scott is learning a ton everyday at school, but I am not going to report about here.

2 comments:

Beth said...

Being a mom is the best job in the world; I'm glad you're enjoying this precious time with your little angels. They're blessed to have such a loving mother (and father).

Kathleen said...

man, I miss Alan boy. He is such a cute kid...so are his siblings! I can't believe Logan is already walking!! Miss you guys!